Saturday, October 15, 2011

One of my favorite places

Among many reasons why going to college is a great experience is the opportunity to try new things. To put it nicely,  my experiences with Asian food were extremely limited before going to college... like limited to the point that all I ate was lemon chicken and steamed rice. I can proudly say today that I have expanded my appreciation for Asian food and one of the restaurants that greatly contributed to this is Osha Thai in San Francisco (directly across from the Glen Park BART station if you are thinking about visiting). Although I don't visit it very often, I have yet to have a bad experience there.

Friday night was yet another good experience. Here's what we ordered:

  • Osha Tartare appetizer (ahi tuna with mango, cilantro, and garlic chips with sriracha sesame sauce)
    • we went out on a limb on this one and it paid off-- SO GOOD! easily the favorite of the night
  • Thai Sukiyaki (stir fried silver noodles, prawns, calamari, garlic, egg, spinach, and Napa cabbage with a spicy sauce)
  • Crab Fried Rice (crab claws & pieces, green beans, carrots, egg, onions, and green onions)

And because this week was a long one I also had an POM Margarita (Agave soju, Pomegranate juice, Triple sec, Fresh lime)


Cheers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment