Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Dining out Pittsburghese Style

My mom and I arrived in Pittsburgh today for my interview with Carnegie Mellon University. Our shuttle driver was kind enough to suggest a few Pittsburgh staples. Of all his suggestions one stood out above the rest: Primanti Bros., a sandwich shop the specializes in oversized and overstuffed sandwiches at incredibly affordable prices. This shop is unique in that all sandwiches come on fresh Italian bread with tomatoes, coleslaw, and French fries.

I tried the pastrami and cheese sandwich and my mom chose the colossal fish and cheese sandwich. And since our day of travel meant we barely at all, we also ordered Smallman's street fries (french fries covered in chili, sour cream, bacon, and cheese).
All of this plus a small lemonade for $21!

Sorry the pictures don't do the food justice, it was dim lighting in the restaurant worthy of a spotlight on "Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives."








No comments:

Post a Comment