Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Dinner on a College Budget

Today Michelle and I went to an apartment showing. After the showing we were hungry and, being the college students that we are, had little food in our refrigerator. We decided to venture to the Elmwood area of Berkeley, CA for dinner. Once in Elmwood, Michelle decided to go to Man Puku to get some sushi. I on the other-hand was feeling in a Mexican mood but decided to get sushi as well just to make things easier. Plus eating a burrito in a Japanese restaurant would be kind of strange. I ordered a Spicy Tuna roll and a Hot King roll (which the waitress suggested to me if I liked spicy food). Michelle ordered a Ashby Maki roll and a Deep-fried Spicy Salmon roll.

Hot King roll and Spicy Tuna roll

Spicy Tuna roll

Ashby Maki roll

Deep-fried spicy salmon roll

All of the rolls were very tasty and the best part was the price-- My two rolls cost $10 while Michelle's rolls cost $8.50. Even though the rolls were delicious I learned a hard lesson: "Never order 2 spicy rolls ". My mouth and lips were on fire and I had to drink 5 cups of water to cool them down. So since my mouth was burning and the weather was nice and summery, we decided to stop by Ici's on the way home.

We both decided on Lemon Buttermilk Ice Milk flavored ice cream.
Michelle opted for the cone while I went for the cone and cup combo.

And like always Ici's did not disappoint. PS- check out the little girl enjoying her cone in the background.


No comments:

Post a Comment