Wednesday, July 7, 2010

hey hey! pay day!


Today is one of my favorite days of the month...PAY DAY! So since I get paid at midnight tonight (due to direct deposit) I decided to go out to Flame for dinner. Flame is a small gourmet burger joint in the Elmwood area of Berkeley. I invited Michelle along with me because I knew she couldn't turn down a burger and are not too many options in the fridge since most of our produce went bad. So we rushed to down to Flame after I got off work at 4, it was hard because after working the opening shift at work all I wanted to do was nap. But my missed nap was worth it because Michelle and I were able to make it to happy hour (half off appetizers and beer). We ordered 2 appetizers -- fried calamari and onion rings


Fried calamari

Onion Rings--probably the best ones I've ever had
Michelle's suggestion (she got them
last time she came to Flame)


The appetizers were absolutely delicious. I almost died because the onion rings were so good. They were fried to perfection and it felt like they melted in my mouth with each bite. Oh, I forgot to mention before that I ordered a shake and of course it was tasty and satisfied my sweet tooth.


My Strawberry Shake


For dinner Michelle ordered a Pesto Chicken burger with garlic steak fries and I ordered 4 beef sliders with curly fries.

Pesto Chicken Burger : complete with Jack cheese and garlic pesto

Garlic Steak Fries: sprinkled with parmesan, garlic, & parsley

4 sliders: Grass feed beef, sauteed onions, applewood smoked bacon and spicy bbq sauce

Needless to say, we did not finish our meals and took a majority of it home. It was so much that we almost had food comas in the restaurant. But on the bright side, we have lunch and dinner ready for tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment