Friday, July 23, 2010

Peaches + Pizza = Perfection

The Cheeseboard Collective is one of the more well known places to eat in Berkeley and one of my personal favorites. What makes Cheeseboard so unique is that it only serves one type of pizza a day. The flavors change each day but what stays constant is that all of their pizzas are vegetarian. The lack of meat was initially shocking the first time I ate there but after tasting a slice I quickly realized that the quality of the ingredients were so good that meat is unnecessary. Today's flavor was Peach Pizza. I was instantly intrigued and fought off my after-work nap in order to venture to north Berkeley. When I arrived they were serving their dinner hour so there was live Flamenco music and dancing going on which was very nice and took my mind off of waiting in line. I ended up ordering a half of pizza and splitting with Francis (who is an avid meat enthusiast but surprising loved the vegetarian pizza).

Peach Pizza
fresh peaches, mozzarella and ricotta salata cheese, arugula in a lemon vinaigrette

This pizza was so delicious that I almost did not take a picture of it because I was too busy stuffing my face with the sweet, savory, crispy goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment