Saturday, July 24, 2010

Quick Lunch


After a few failed attempts at arriving before closing, Francis and I finally made it to Bakesale Bette's when they were open. We jetted over to the Temescal area of Oakland during my lunch break in order to assure that they would be open. When we arrived the line was a little long but it moved quickly (which was great since I only had an hour for lunch). We ordered 2 fried chicken sandwiches, 1 lemon-ice drink, and a strawberry shortcake.


Fried Chicken sandwich



Strawberry Shortcake


The sandwich was absolutely delicious (not to mention HUGE!). It's simpleness was what made it so great, consisting only of a slaw-like blend of veggies topped on top of a well seasoned chicken strip. As for the dessert, I loved that the cake was more of a scone consistency instead of traditional pound cake, which provided a nice crunch to the dish. All-in-all, I will definitely be going back.

1 comment: