Sunday, June 5, 2011

From Drab to Fab

Our Sunday meal started off with one focus: use the potatoes in our fridge. We had bought Yukon potatoes awhile ago from Berkeley Bowl's great produce section and didn't want them to spoil. I had taught myself to make spiced potatoes from scratch last winter break while visiting Josh and it seems like each time I try it again they keep turning out better and better. After deciding on the potatoes Monique said that she wanted broccoli as our vegetable and from there I threw out that we should have fish. I suggested salmon, Monique proposed tilapia, but after looking through our freezer and finding catfish Monique came up with the idea to use the panko bread crumbs we had in our cabinet and see how things turned out.
And turns out it was reallllly good.
Oven-baked panko bread crumb crusted catfish with lemon pepper seasoning
Cheesy broccoli
Homemade spiced dinner potatoes with sauteed onions
The final product :)


After we finished I sent a picture of my plate from my phone and these were some of the responses we got...

"I most certainly am jealous"
"Looooks sooo good"
"Wow! You guys did well. It looks really good."
"Omg!! U guys be cooking! And eating!"
"Damn look at u chef"

No comments:

Post a Comment