Friday, August 5, 2011

BYOB -- Build Your Own Burger

Recently I have been working in Walnut Creek for my new job. It’s pretty nice, the weather is a little eye-opening though because I got spoiled with the foggy, cool summers of Berkeley. But what really makes this area a great place to work is the amount and variety of restaurants in the area. One restaurant I pass everyday on my way home is The Counter. The Counter sparked my interest because it allows you to custom make your own hamburgers. So this evening after I got off work Francis and I decided to stop by and give it a try.



Ordering took a little while because the menu could was a little overwhelming but finally we were able to make up our minds and decide. Here is what we came up with:

STARTERS:

Fifty/Fifty -- Fried Dill Pickle Chips and French Fries


Francis' order--

MEAT:1/3 lb Beef
CHEESE: Imported Swiss
4 TOPPINGS: Tomatoes..Organic Mixed Greens..Sliced Cucumber..
PREMIUM TOPPINGS: Fried Egg, Sautéed Mushrooms
SAUCE: none
BREAD: Hamburger Bun

My order --

MEAT: 1/3 lb Beef
CHEESE: Greek Feta
4 TOPPINGS: Grilled Pineapple.. Jalapeños..Organic Mixed Greens..Tomatoes
PREMIUM TOPPINGS: Applewood Smoked Bacon
SAUCE:Roasted Garlic Aioli
BREAD: Hamburger Bun


I kid you not when I say that this was one of the best burgers that I have ever had. The ingredients were so fresh and the beef..THE BEEF! AAAA-MAZING! The patty was the perfect size, thick, and had the perfect charred crust on the edge. OMG .. This place was such a foodgasm. It can be pricey (some ingredients are more expensive than others) but overall I would definitely come again and recommend it to anyone that loves a good gourmet burger.

No comments:

Post a Comment