Monday, August 1, 2011

Takin’ my Advice

So last week I asked my dad if he was familiar with Farmer Brown’s Little Skillet. I informed him that I ran across this place awhile ago and it seems like something he would like because 1. they serve chicken and waffes 2. it’s a hole-in-the wall kind of establishments (so hole-in-the-wall that it is literally just a lone window in an alleyway in SF). My dad is a veteran foodie and works in SF so he knows good eats and loves finding new gems to eat at. So today while at work I received a text and picture message from him saying that he went to Farmer Brown’s Little Skillet. Initially I was jealous and but I was happy to hear that it was a really good meal.


The restaurant -- yes, the whole thing consists of just this window. No chairs or tables.


My dad got the 2 piece chicken and waffle meal for $9.22. He said the waffle was light and the chicken was well spiced and not greasy. It seemed like he really enjoyed the meal and I wouldn’t be surprised if he went back. Hopefully next time I will be there and I can try the chicken and waffles and he can try the catfish po-boy. So if you are thinking ‘bout hitting this place up make sure to bring cash (cause that’s all they accept) and look out for a window in an alleyway that is serving up soul food.

No comments:

Post a Comment