Monday, September 5, 2011

Semi Annual Cousin Sleepover Bonanza

Summer is over and school is back in session but before homework and projects get kicked into high gear we decided to have some good ole fashioned G.N.O (Girls Night Out). This Labor Day weekend we had our second “Cousin Sleepover” at our Bigma’s house. The first sleepover happened in December and was so much fun that we had to bring it back due to popular demand. What does a “Cousin Sleepover" entail exactly due you ask? Well, it consists of non stop fun and food. We play Nintendo Wii games such as Rock Band, Band Hero, DJ Hero, Just Dance, and Michael Jackson Experience all night. In addition to endless gaming there also girl talk, which goes back to our Bigma Wednesdays, and tons of Red Baron Pizza. Now, some of you may not be Red Baron or frozen pizza fans but I am telling you when you have been Wii-ing for 4-5 hours straight nothing hits the spot quite like it. But you can’t have a sleepover without sweets. For this occasion we went with a Claim Jumper Dutch Apple Pie combined with my mom’s homemade ice-cream. Yeah, it tasted just as delicious as it sounds. Here are some pics of the night:
I was unable to get any pics of the pizza and dessert because it was all gone as soon as it finished cooking. All that gaming definitely makes one hungry. We ended up falling asleep around 3am. But the best part of the sleepover was yet to come.....BREAKFAST!!! Now earlier this week my mom told me that Bigma was really excited about the breakfast menu for the sleepover. I didn't really pay attention at the time but boy I tell you I was surprised to wake up to this....
YES! THAT’S RIGHT, CHICKEN & WAFFLES!!!!!! I kid you not when I say it was amazing. Oh, and if you weren’t in a chicken mood then there was also bacon and sausage patties. But if you are like me then you added sausage to your chicken and waffle plate.
All in all the sleepover was so much fun and I can’t wait to do it again. No matter how old I get I love hanging with my family especially my crazy cousins. And by crazy, yes I am referring to you Ne’ ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment