Sunday, February 12, 2012

New found bragging rights

Now I'm not one to brag about much, but it seems as though there is now something I need to add to my list: Michelle Little can make a mean batch of baked rigatoni. I may not be Italian but let me tell you, man oh man was it delicious!!
I got the idea for rigatoni from a recipe I found in Cosmopolitian magazine but I ended up scrapping their recipe in favor of one I found online (posted below). Well actually I doubled the portions and added ground beef since that was how much meat Josh gave me. 


The pictures speak for themselves :)

In the oven

Close up shot

Ready to eat!



The Recipe for BAKED RIGATONI & SAUSAGE 

1 lb. sweet Italian sausage
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
3 c. uncooked rigatoni
1 c. ricotta cheese
3 1/2 c. spaghetti sauce
2 c. mozzarella cheese
3 tbsp. grated Parmesan
**I added about 3/4 lb of ground beef and double everything else on the ingredients list
Saute sausage and ground beef in skillet until well browned on all sides. Remove saugage from pan and slice into thin pieces. Return to pan and add onion, garlic, sauteing until onion is tender. Cook rigatoni according to package directions; drain.Combine rigatoni, sausage and ricotta; mix well. Layer sauce, rigatoni, mozzarella and Parmesan in baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment