Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Cleveland Rocks! Cleveland Rocks!

As many of you already know, I'll be attending Carnegie Mellon for graduate school beginning at the end of this month. Many of you also may know that my mom is from Cleveland, OH. What we didn't realize at the time I accepted my scholarship to Carnegie Mellon is just how close Pittsburgh was to Cleveland: a mere 2 1/2 hour drive, a very scenic at that. Since it's pricey to fly across the country and being away from home can be emotionally taxing, my dad encouraged my mom to join me for my move to re-introduce me to my Midwest family so that I can have a home away from home.

Turns out my mom's family was thrilled at the idea of having a mini-reunion! The reunion was even more of a treat thanks to Dani (who was in California at my grandparents' house) who happened to send a FaceTime call to Monique (who was at the reunion) allowing my grandpa to video-chat with his sisters, nieces, nephews, and cousins.

It was a hot and humid August afternoon, but there were plenty of shady trees and even the occasional breeze making for a comfortable picnic environment. Here's a few shots of the backyard and family.
















And here are pictures of the food-- We were eating so good during our roadtrip!! (Shout out to Nina and her stuffed tomatoes) Sorry if the pictures seem out of order but there's just too many to reorder.


































We had such a great time and I can wait to get to know this side of my family better during my 2 years in Pittsburgh. Thanks for a great time everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment