Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Eating Single

Since Michelle and I partied ways I have been experimenting with easy, quick, vegetarian meals. I work full time, commuting to and from work, and practice yoga frequently. All of this leaves me little time to cook. However, I have been really putting in the effort so I can not only stay healthy but also save money.

Smoothies I found have been great breakfast items during my morning commute. Thanks for the blender Dad. :)
Veggie sausage breakfast sandwich with avocado & strawberry preserves
Homemade Smoothie: Berry mix, Pineapple, almond milk, non fat vanilla yogurt, chia & flaxseed
Corn isn’t my favorite vegetable but I wanted to add more variety in my diet. Plus more color never hurt a dinner dish.

Sante Fe inspired taco salad
 roasted corn, red pepper, tomatoes, jalapeƱo, onion, avocado, black beans,  mexican cheese, tortilla chips
When I found this recipe online I knew I had to try it. Oh boy, is it amazing! It’s my new favorite go-to lunch item.
Peach & Avocado wheat wraps with homemade balsamic dressing
This dish is an old favorite. I switched things up by adding sun dried tomatoes & zucchini to the angel hair rather than the typical spinach & fresh tomatoes. 
Pesto Tilapia with Angel hair pasta, zucchini, sun dried tomatoes, onion, & seasonings topped with parmesan 

No comments:

Post a Comment