Wednesday, August 15, 2012

"You have to teach me how to cook! This house smells so good!"

Those were my roommate's first words when she came into our apartment... and I think it's quite the compliment. We've had a chance to talk over the past week and we've figured out that whereas I'm all cooking, no baking, she's the opposite. She's been baking practically her whole life but has just now decided that she needs to learn how to cook. Though I haven't been cooking for that long, just the couple of years that I've been out of the dorms, my cooking repertoire and abilities have exponentially improved. There's not much out there I'm afraid to try.

Take for example tonight's dinner: a creamy tomato and sausage pasta I found on Pinterest.  Pinterest has been a great source of recipes and food ideas over the past few months and this one was supposed to be quick and easy. Easy? Yes. Quick? Not so much as I was dealing with a new kitchen and a new recipe, but I think with practice this dish may become a staple of my grad school diet. Plus it made a TON of leftovers.


Ingredients:
6 oz. Pasta (I used Farfalle pasta)
Italian sausage
Whipping cream
Crushed red pepper
Diced onion
Minced garlic
Minced parsley
Chopped tomato 
(actual recipe calls for 1 14oz. can of Italian plum tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped)
Grated parmesan cheese
Spices of your choice (I chose salt, pepper, and oregano) 




If you want the full recipe let me know and I'll send it to you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment