Saturday, September 8, 2012

Good Call Michelle!

So, this week I got braces. As a result my mouth has been in a lot of pain and I haven't been able to eat any solid foods. Tonight I decided to take a break from my soup and pasta meals and go for the taco inspired rice dish Michelle posted a week or so ago. I stuck true to most of her recipe but did make a few tweaks to adhere to my diet.

-Substituted Chicken broth for Vegetable Stock to cook the rice in.
-Added two cans of diced tomatoes. One can was Texas roasted tomatoes.
-Added Morning Star Veggie Meat crumbs for protein. Seasoned it with Mexican Oregano, taco seasonings , and fresh cilantro.
-Substituted homemade guacamole for sour cream.
- I opted out of tortilla chips since my teeth are still really sore. In the future though I plan on incorporating them into this dish.

Overall I was really pleased with this result. Michelle was right, this meal is super easy to prepare, make, and tastes amazing!
Cooking Veggie meat with cilantro, garlic, and onions
Finished Product

No comments:

Post a Comment