Thursday, October 25, 2012

Portland Must Have

Anyone will tell you, if you visit Portland you must have a Voodoo Doughnut. So I made it one of my objectives to visit Voodoo on my Portland adventure. Now one of their signature doughnuts is the Maple Bacon bar. Since I am now I vegetarian I had to opt out ( it did look pretty tasty but I have been so good with my diet that I didn't want to ruin my progress). I ended up going with the McMinnville Cream ( raised yeast doughnut stuffed with Bavarian cream and topped with maple frosting, 2 eyes and a mustache) and the Captain my Captain ( raised yeast doughnut with vanilla frosting and Captain Crunch). Both we super sweet but really good. At first I thought I would like the maple one better but I actually really enjoyed the Captain my Captain, usually I'm not a huge Captain Crunch fan.
The sign from 3rd & Ankeny
Rug as you wait in line. 
Display of the day’s flavors
View of the menu
Some decor
The McMinnville Cream
I was full and ended up eating this the next day. It was still delicious.

If you are ever in Portland and want some Voodoo Doughnuts, make sure to do two things.
  1. Bring CASH!
  2. Be prepared to wait in line. This is one of the most famous places in Portland, yet it is still a hot spot for locals.

No comments:

Post a Comment