Friday, October 26, 2012

Street Chowder

Today marked Day 2 of my Portland trip. The plan today was to head downtown to Pioneer Plaza and work at the Apple Store. The store in Portland is much smaller than the one in Berkeley but it gets very busy. All of the people there were very nice and super welcoming. Needless to say my work day was great. While on break, I asked my fellow Apple people what I should grab for lunch. They immediately suggested the local food trucks. Portland has tons, I mean tons of food trucks. The trucks offer all sort of options and have affordable prices. I ended up heading down to 5th and eating at the Salmon Fusion truck. My dad told me earlier in the trip that if I get a chance I should try the chowder. Oregon & Washington both have lots of fresh fish so I made sure to jump at the chance that it got offered. I ended up going with the Smoked Salmon Chowder. Roger, the owner said that he built this truck on two things, one of them being the chowder. He even said he has been offered marriage proposals due to the quality of his chowder. 
Smoked Salmon Chowder w/toasted cheese bread bowl: white whole cream chowder w/roasted corn and Yukon gold potatoes served with Hawaiian slaw and saffron rice

Super tasty ! 
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment