Friday, November 2, 2012

Low Maintenance Meal

Easy as pie chicken and potatoes (shown with sautéed spinach)

Any college student knows that this time of year can, and usually is, very busy since you're in the midsts of papers, projects, tests, and the regular weekly assignments. Sometimes you just need a good filling meal. Now if you have all that plus the crummy weather brought on by Hurricane Sandy aka Frankenstorm you definitely want a warm hearty meal. I decided to try my own version of "set it and forget it" chicken and potatoes... except I don't have a rotisserie so my version was made in the oven.
  1. Heat oven to 430 degrees.
  2. Line a 8x8 pan with aluminum foil
  3. Dice up potatoes (I just had the cheapest kind from my grocery store) and cover the entirety of the pan with them.
  4. Finely chop 1/3 or so of a white onion and layer on top of the potatoes.
  5. Add salt, pepper, thyme, and minced garlic evenly over the onions and potatoes.
  6. Drizzle a little olive oil.
  7. Place 4 chicken thighs on the bed of onions and potatoes.
  8. Sprinkle salt, pepper, thyme, Mrs. Dash's Garlic & Herb seasoning, and whatever else you'd like over the chicken pieces.
  9. Place pan in oven and cook for 25 minutes then remove, flip chicken pieces (adding more seasoning if you wish), and return to oven for 30 more minutes
This was a very hands-off meal that left me plenty of time to work on homework. At the end of the final timer I had juicy, fully cooked chicken thighs with soft herby potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment