Sunday, July 11, 2010

Breakfast & Soccer




WORLD CUP FINALS!!!!!!

So instead of heading to a sports bar like most 20-somethings I decided to go out for breakfast. I not a huge fan of beer and I have been having a mean craving for some pancakes. Francis and I arrived at Bette's Oceanview Diner down on 4th St. in Berkeley around 11am. I had previously eaten there before with my mom and even saw this place on Food Network's Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, so I figured that Francis would like it. I decided to order their breakfast special of blueberry pancakes and a hot chocolate while Francis ordered the Philadelphia breakfast (complete with Scrapple) and an OJ.


Hot Cocoa



Blueberry Pancake Special
Blueberry pancakes, 2 over-easy eggs, homefries



Philadephia breakfast
Scrapple, toast, 2 poached eggs, grilled tomatoes

Scrapple is a Pennsylvanian dish that is made from pork scraps and trimmings. The meat is combined into a loaf and cut into slices, which is later pan-fried and served. Francis had never eaten Scrapple before but after tasting the first bite he instantly fell in love. He liked it so much that he barely said anything the rest of meal because he was enjoying his food so much. He described the Scrapple as "Crunchy, Meaty Goodness".


Francis and his Scrapple



No comments:

Post a Comment