Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Pho-nominal

Tonight we went out to dinner with our uncle . Being that he is family, he is an avid food connoisseur like us. So he wanted to do another food adventure and start a quest for the best pho in the bay area. I suggested a little pho spot that I like to frequent on cold days, Little Saigon. It is a small Vietnamese restaurant off of University Ave in Berkeley. Here is what we ordered:

Fresh Lemonade



Our Appetizers---

Imperial Rolls



Spring Rolls



Fried Won Tons



Now on to the main stuff--

My uncle ordered the Pho Ga (Chicken Pho)



I ordered the Pho Bo (Beef Pho)- note the excitement in my face :)




Michelle ordered the Bun Rieu (Shrimp and Crab meat noodle soup)




Eating pho between me and my uncle is strictly business. There is little talking and we work the soup spoon and chopsticks until the bowl is finished. Michelle on the other hand was not quite ready. She did the unthinkable... She asked for a to-go container. As many times as I have eaten pho I have never seen anyone ask for a to-go container. Even the waiter was surprised, he asked her if everything was okay. My uncle and I gave her a little hard time but next time we go Michelle is now aware of the formalities..ALWAYS FINISH PHO, NEVER ASK FOR A TO-GO BOX


Michelle's holding her container of shame...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment