Sunday, July 31, 2011

Summer's Finest

There are so many reasons to love summer. There's the warm weather, the occasional dip in a pool, maybe even a vacation if you're lucky and of course the beloved break from school. But let's not forget this is a food blog, so if you had to guess what food-related aspect of summer I look forward to the most it'd clearly be GRILLIN' (but that could be because I'm a major steak-lover).
I was lucky enough to be home when my dad decided that some backyard grilling was in order. With my iPhone in hand I was able to snap some shots of the afternoon.

Grill-master Mike
First up were the rib-eye steaks... yum :)

Followed by fresh corn on the comb

Next up were these lovely well-spiced shrimp skewers

And while my dad was doing this... I was doing this The extra attention must have caught them off-guard judging by Raven's derpy face

But anyways back to the main attraction:




And as if this wasn't enough to cause you major food-envy, we finished the meal with homemade vanilla ice-cream with triple chocolate cake (just writing this has my mouth watering a little bit). You gotta love summer cooking at its finest.

No comments:

Post a Comment